Benefits of Membership
- Membership in an organization that advocates for Muslim chaplaincy at a national and local level, and the opportunity to be involved at various leadership levels
- Enriching opportunity for professional development fostered through collegial relationships with Muslim chaplains and counselors working in healthcare, educational, corrections, military, and community settings
- Membership in a professional Muslim chaplaincy association with an established code of ethics
- Creative and enriching educational opportunities, such as the annual conference and webinars
- Membership rate for conferences
- Notification of various full and part-time chaplaincy positions
- Membership in private Facebook and LinkedIN AMC groups
- Membership on a members’ email listserve
- Voting privileges
The Association of Muslim Chaplains is in the process of implementing new membership categories to better address the needs of our chaplains and employers seeking to hire Muslim chaplains. AMC strives to extend membership to all who support the development of professional Islamic chaplaincy and spiritual care services in the United States.
Clinically Trained Member Chaplain
A Muslim CPE Supervisor, chaplain or professional with a different title (i.e. hospital Spiritual Care Provider, university Muslim Life Coordinator) who is involved specifically with institutional pastoral care and who has completed at least one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education and holds a Master’s of Divinity (or its equivalency) from an accredited academic institution. Students of accredited Islamic Chaplaincy educational programs who have completed a minimum of one unit of CPE, but not yet their academic degree are also eligible for this membership category at a reduced rate.
Associate Member Chaplain
A Muslim Chaplain or professional with a different title (i.e. hospital Spiritual Care Provider, university Muslim Life Coordinator) who is involved specifically with in institutional pastoral care without the benefit clinical training. Students of accredited Islamic Chaplaincy educational programs who have not yet completed CPE are also eligible at a reduced rate.
International Observer Chaplain
A Muslim chaplain trained or employed in a country outside of the United States who would like to benefit from the programs AMC offers while recognizing that AMC’s work is specific to the United States.
A spiritual care volunteer without clinical or academic training in the field, but who is recognized institutionally as a chaplain or spiritual care volunteer.
Supportive individual or professional who is not themselves a Muslim chaplain but who has a connection to the field through other means (i.e. teaches Muslim chaplains, is a mental health professional). Information for those interested in joining as Affiliates can be obtained by contacting Communications@AssociationOfMuslimChaplains.org
An Association of Theological Schools (ATS) accredited institution providing Islamic chaplaincy specific training. Schools on track for accreditation will also be eligible. Information for those interested in joining as Education Institutions can be obtained by contacting Communications@AssociationOfMuslimChaplains.org
1. Regular Membership Rate
For those who have been employed for at least 1 year as either full–time, part-time, or per diem Muslim chaplain
Annual Dues: $50
2. Reduced Membership Rate
For 1) students of Islamic chaplaincy educational programs, or 2) those employed as Muslim chaplains less than 1 year, or 3) volunteers in institutional chaplaincy settings or 4) retired Muslim chaplains
Annual Dues: $25
Join or Renew
To apply for membership or to renew your membership: