MISSION, VISION & CORE VALUES
The Association of Muslim Chaplains (AMC) supports the professional development of Muslims who provide spiritual care as chaplains in communities and in public/private institutions in the United States, while promoting the advancement of the field of Islamic Chaplaincy.
The Association of Muslim Chaplains seeks to be a professional organization in the service of Allah (God), guided by the Qur’an and Sunnah, through:
1. Offering regular trainings that promote the ongoing skill development of Muslim Chaplains.
2. Creating professional networks and connections between Muslim Chaplains that offer collegial nurturing and support.
3. Serving as an institution for Muslim Chaplains seeking certification and/or professional endorsement.
4. Supporting the development of cohesion and greater collaboration between Muslim Chaplains and Muslim communities.
Our core values — drawn from the Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) — are as follows:
1. Ikhlas (Sincerity) – Our intention is to act with sincere concern for others and fi sabil Allah (for the sake of God).
2. Nasiha (Good Counsel) – Our care for others is predicated upon our religious responsibility to provide nasiha (good counsel).
3. Rahma (Mercy) – We strive in our conduct to reflect the example of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) who was sent as rahma lil-`alamin — a mercy to all the worlds.
4. Haya’ (Dignity) – We strive in our deportment to demonstrate modesty, respect, honor, good morals and humility before Allah and those we serve.